Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, January 23, 2010

01/22/2010

01/22/2009




Started my day so I would arrive at the south end of the GWB (George Washington Bridge) a few minutes before 6am. There was some risk that is would have already started backing up. But today was a full speed meander thru the New York metro area. I stressed for nothing.




I arrived at the consignee a few minutes past my 7am target time, due in most part to an unscheduled bio-break. Some much coffee in so little time. "Pull over on the side of the road there and untarp and we will call you in" I was told. So about 45 min later I had untarped and pulled all but 2 of the chains. Forty mins later I was told to back in. I just so happen to get backed in at the beginning of their break. This along with either union mentality or common slovenliness it took them forever to get me unloaded. I called and gave my fm a heads up that I won't even be making it to New Jersey by noon. They promptly pulled that load off me. Ah shucks now I won't be able to deal with Chicago rush hour traffic.




Once I did get unloaded at 10:30am. I got a W/a going from Conshohocken, PA to Newton, NC. I lost about 100 miles to the switch, but I won't be in Chicago. Fair enough trade to my way of thinking.




Traversing back through New York went extremely well. Other than people rubber necking an accident at the #3 mile marker in Connecticut. Once past that it was smooth sailing all the way through. Got down to Conshohocken got loaded and other that the bay we have to angle back into it went off without a hitch. The bay was designed at a time when the trailers were shorter and the wheel base on the tractors were shorter as well.




That all for today have a nice day.


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.