Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

01/18/2009

01/18/2010




Woke up this morning about 6:30 central. Fired up the coffee pot and put my boots on.




I figured on checking in about 10 min prior to my appointment time and was waiting when the head shipping/receiving dude stop by the truck and told me to back in the first door and that he would open the door for me. SWEET! They got their act together today, especially for a Monday morning. WRONG!


I should have got clued in when in fact the second door was rolled up. So reposition and back into the second door. It wasn't really a problem cause this place is real easy to get back into anyway.


Next clue.


There is 20-30 crates of glass on the dock I backed up to. It is this way every time and something I had forgotten about this place. You would think if you were receiving a load that the receiving dock would at least be clear. But who am I but a dumb truck driver. So I can't say anything about how stupid it is.




No harm no foul I can't move for a bit anyway. So I commence to remove all the securement, throw away my trash, and pit away all the equipment I can (at least until they get the load off). Once all of this was done I get asked if I can unhook and pull the tractor out. Ahhhhh.. NO (the glass isn't secure and unless you are willing to take responsibility << thought running around in my head>>) sorry about that, but the glass is unsecured. Come on it's only 50 degrees. Well anyway I've been pakred in the dock for 1.5 hours and there is still crates in the way. We will just have to see how slow they can be.




Finally unloaded at 11 am central. I'll get an hour of detention pay out of the deal. I'll have to wait an hour more before I can move anyhow.




Well got a deadhead move back to Laurinburg. Only made it to Madison, GA. There is a Pilot here with a Krystals right next door and that is my fast food weakness.




Once I get back to the yard the truck is due a "wet pm" and I'll write up a few other items to see if they will get fixed. During the last pm I wrote up the bunk heater. They said they will have to order the parts and they will let me know when they come in. So far no one has let me know and I never remember at good times to see if they are in. So I'll write it up again tomorrow along with windshield wipers, the seals that go in the red line glad hand.




Well that is all for today


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.