Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

01/21/2009

01/21/2010




The planets, the sun and my luck were all lined up today. The drive up I95 around the east side of Washington out 50/301 out to the Bay Bridge and back to I95 just short of I295 and the Jersey turnpike went off without one slow down. Oh we dropped to 45mph or so here and there, but that a slow does not make.




The driving portion of today ended about 3pm eastern and then it was time to cool my heels and google tomorrows delivery and pick up point. Tomorrow I get to drive across the George Washington Bridge into New York city and continue through the city to Bridgeport, CT. for a 7am delivery time. NOT my favorite stretch of highway. Then once I make my delivery and get all my equipment put up. I get to do it again except for going the opposite way. To goto Carlstadt, NJ to pick up a load. Once there I have to set up my the glass a frames to pick up a load of granite. Original I was suppose to be there at 10am with my a frames set up. That would almost be impossible. The pick up window has been expanded till noon and I can set up the a frames on the shippers property. So now it becomes doable and a whole lot less stressful. I'm still going to hurry as safely as possible. I want to cover as much of the westward journey as possible. That load will delivery on Monday in the Chicago, IL area. Only 800 or so miles so I'll be able to get a reset in somewhere along the way.




Here hoping tomorrow goes off without a hitch


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.