Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

01/17/2010

01/17/2010




The weekend while painfully short was a very good one. Lot of relaxing, socializing and eating good food.




I needed to leave about 5pm and the time arrived too soon to suit me. As I was pre-tripping the truck I discovered why my brakes were acting "spongy" on Saturday. There was a break in the primary air line up next to the glad hand. Fired off a macro to Fleetnet and 1.5 hours later IO was ready to roll.




There is a Pilot about 8 miles down the road from where I live and that would need to be the first stop. Topped off the tanks and my wallet and away I went. The rest of the trip to the consignee is only 360 miles so I figured on arriving there about 2am eastern, if no naps were needed. I arrived at the projected time and dragged me arse to the bunk to grab a few hours of much needed sleep.




Now from here there is a few possibilities:


Back to Laurinburg, NC


Wichita Falls, TX


Corsicanna, Tx


and maybe, just maybe Tulsa, OK


The trailer I'm currently pulling precludes everything but glass loads. Once we send in the empty call we will just have to roll the dice and see.




Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.