Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

01/20/2010

01/20/2010




The waking was easy a quick pretrip and away I went.


Not so fast the truck told me.


The trailer lights were blinking on and off annnnnddddd it was time for the red air line to fail.


So it is back to the maintenance shop. "Hey I got this and that going on and I have a 11 o'clock appointment 200 miles away." They got on it right away, but the hour and fifteen minute cushion I built in to my drive was gone.


So once I was repaired I fire walled the accelerator or as fire walled as a governed truck will go. I made it with two minutes to spare according to my clock and a couple of minutes late according to theirs. And as they are the customer their time prevailed. They only bumped me back and hour. A small price to pay compared to some of the horror stories I've heard




This was a new place to me so I called a fellow driver to get the skinny (low down) on the place. His description eased the process quite a bit and made for a generally nice day. Time between scaling in and scaling out was only 2.5 hrs not bad considering I had been given the wrong tarp a couple weeks ago when I was replacing equipment for a relay load I did right before Christmas. The tarp in question is designed for a particular glass trailer and not system freight. With a little creativity I was able to make it work and the product is covered.




Three hours up the road and I called it a day at the Flying J in Oak Grove, Sc. Tomorrows journey will entail working my way around the Washington DC area and on up into New Jersey. Should be somewhere between 500-600 miles hopefully more towards the 600 mark. With that I'm gonna call it a night.




Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.