Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Sunday, January 17, 2010

01/14/2010

01/14/2010




Today went so smooth as to be unbelievable. No hold ups at the border. As soon as I checked in with the consignee they backed me in the door. Unload went very fast. No sooner than I sent in my empty call and secured all the equipment to the deck I got the deadhead order to Laurinburg, NC, Then it was back to Kanona for the night.




I got back to Kanona, NY a few minutes before 2pm. That will allow me to continue my journey to Laurinburg anytime after midnight. I have accumulated a respectable 2400 miles for the week and hence the first good paycheck of the year will be coming in next week. The weeks paycheck while weak was still more than I earned in my previous industry.




Once in Kanona I got a beep. They have a W/A for Selma, AL and it delivers Monday do I want it. I thought it nice of them to ask and I could have said no without prejudice, but that would most likely mean not getting out of the house till sometime Monday and not delivering till Tuesday or Wednesday. Not a recipe for a week with some good miles so I readily accepted. What that will mean is at 8 or 9am Monday I'll have 1300 miles on the books and the rest of the week to close another load.




So it is off to bed. The plan is to take off about 1-1:30 am and be in laurinburg by 12:30 or 1pm. This is doable as long as the DC metroplex cooperates




So for today


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.