Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

01/04/2010

Hope everyone had a very nice Christmas and enjoyed rolling in the New Year. My vacation got extended a couple of extra days cause the load I'm getting wasn't ready to pick up till today.


At anyrate I'll be picking it up in Laurinburg, NC and taking it to Concord, ON. The plan for today is to grab the load and drive an additional 200 miles beyond Laurinburg. That should put me just inside VA for the night. That will leave me about 600 miles to the consignee. They have overnight parking so I'll drive straight in and not have to fight traffic Wednesday morning. While it is not a slam dunk, so far all the loads I've carried here have been on DGL trailers and I won't be loading jumbo glass out of Canada. Sooooo I'll most likely deadhead to one of several locations the most likely of which will be Laurinburg, NC. That will make the mileage for this week pretty crappy, but sometimes that is just the way the ball bounces.


I upgraded my phone to a Blackberry bold and switched the data plan off my computer. Until I figure out how to transfer the text files from my computer to the blackberry and then post the blog the blog post will be shorter. The blackberry is good for texting but posting a long or longer blog would be challenging to say the least. There is suppose to be a way to teather the BB to the computer to share the internet. You can subscribe to ATT and pay the teathering fee of $30 a month. But there is suppose to be a cheaper way and I'm going to try that first. Att although I can't complain about their service is getting enough of our money at the moment.


On a side note:


Went and saw a couple of movies while I was at home. I'm a Sandra Bullock fan and we bought the DVD "All about Steve" sorry but that movie SUCKED! On a positive note the movie "Blindside" which also stars Sandra Bullock was great and I can't think of a negative thing to say about the movie. We also went and saw "What about the Morgan's" it was a bit formulaic and predictable. But it had quite a few funny moments and generally worth the hour or two of escapism. We also discovered that the Easley pictureshow house has the best popcorn in the South Carolina upstate. Why it tasted better than the others is beyond me, but it is true.


Occasionally when we are not sure if we will like a movie thats out on DVD we will rent it first typically we will rent them from the Red Box or the DVD express kiosk because they are only .99 cents to rent. That is just what we did with the movie "District 9" while it was worth the 99 cents I would have been sorely disappointted if we had spent $20 to purchase the movie.


Well this will be the longest post for a while till I figure out that teather thing.


Have a good day and a Happy New Year


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.