Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

01/05/2010

01/05/2010
I opted for the east coast routing for two reasons. It is considerably less hilly than the I-77/I-79 corridor and according to the weather report I-79 was getting slammed with snow. On the down side I'll have to deal with the traffic headaches of the DC metro area. So I took off this morning at 4am with the knowledge that DC was going to be a hassle. I hit the area at 8:30 and much to my dismay there wasn't even a slow down beyond dropping down to 45 mph once in a while. Oh well it is always better to be prepared for the worst.
I did discover today that the Pilot just north of Harrisburg, PA has an actual restaurant in it. There wasn't time at the moment to test it out, but it was worth noting that it might be a place to try out in the future.
I was feeling my oats today the skies were crying SNOW but so far all I had seen was a few flakes. Perhaps just perhaps I'll make it all the way up without encountering the fluffy white stuff. Stopped in Kenona, NY to top off my fuel tanks and shortly there after is when my luck ran out. It wasn't snowing badly but enough that with the road salt being applied I was constantly have to use my wipers and wiper fluid. If I had been thinking I would have put a couple of bottles of wiper fluid on the fuel bill in Kanona, but alas I didn't. I ran out of wiper fluid shortly after getting on the Thruway (I-90) and that kinda decided it for me. So I called it a day at the Pembroke, NY Flying J.
I had also discovered that my supply of coffee was dangerously close to being out. So with much trepidation I went in to the Flying J bought coffee and wiper fluid. Now I'll get reimbursed for the wiper fluid. If I could only figure a way to sell them on the idea that coffee was truly needed to run the truck properly I'd have it made. Maybe we all would.
Anyway it was snowing pretty good by now and this was as good a place as any to call it a day.
Have a good day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.