Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

01/08/2010

01/08/2010

Woke up at 3am because I fell asleep so early and decided to putz around a bit with the computer and the blackberry. I wasn't able to head over to the consignee till 7:45 because their delivery window doesn't open till 8am. Anyway today I found the place it was a quaint little place that makes pallets. By the way quaint is a nice way to say it was a tiny little place that was a pain in the a** to maneuver around in. They were loading a truck with pallets and if he hadn't been there it probably wouldn't have been so difficult. I got unloaded and started heading over to the nearby Flying J to await my next load assignment.

Before I could get out of town -beep- ok cool. Deadhead move to Ottawa, IL (back to where I started the day). Imagines of a preloaded trailer where dancing in my head most likely going to Canada. So after reading the initial message I pull back on the road. As I was heading to Ottawa I get three rapid beeps on the qualcomm. A sure fire indicator of a Canada load. Buttttt... I have to grab a DGL trailer and take it to Mount Zion, IL for a live load. Of the places we live load Mount Zion is the worst and Mount Holly is a close second. For example today my appointment was for 16:00 I get backed into the bay at 17:00 I'm finally loaded at 19:30. And the last hour and a half is me tarping the load. But you have to report in 30 min prior to the appointment time and your trailer has to be ready.

Enough complaining on my part. I do totally enjoy the job, but every once in a while it gets to me.

This load will deliver in Mississauga, ON on Monday and I'll have 750 miles on the books first thing Monday morning so all is good.

Need to see if I can work in a 34 hour reset so next week it will be easy to stay in compliance.

That is all for now
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.