Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

12/13/2009

Today's drive was a breeze. Stop off at Walmart in Bethany, Mo to get some coffee for the coffee maker and a bit of holiday cheer in the form of eggnog. I don't remember the brand, but it was a bit to sweet.


Topped off the tanks in Clear lake, IA and meandered the rest of the way in to Albertville, MN. There is a C-Store there with a bit off truck parking. Got the final fuel results for the quarter and I'll will be receiving a .02 fuel bonus for the shortened quarter. I glad they shortened it because I think in one more week I'll be down to .01 cpm. Especially with spending as much time as I have lately in the great white north.


At 1am Monday morning I headed over to the consignee and attempted to enter the way they want us too. It consists of a left turn with a steep grade. Normally this wouldn't be a problem butttttt, there is a fresh layer of snow and I almost get to the top before the drives loose all hope of going any further. Finally their reciever came out and told me to come in the other way. So I ended up nosing into the building. When I leave I'll have to back out but that will be easier than the blind side back in would have been.


I actually woke up with a headache. The only thing I can figure is I didn't consume enough caffine yesterday. With that thought in mind I brewed a pot of coffee and popped 2 Tylenol. At this point the headache seems to be receding and here's hoping it continues to do so. Not sure what next on the agenda and won't know anything until the load planners get to work about 8am central. So I'll pull out of here and take a nap until the QC dains to give me a beep.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.