Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, December 18, 2009

12/18/2009 Jarrel, TX part 2

It seems that for the last 2 weeks I-35 in one portion of the coutry or another has been my home. Today consisted of a run down to Laredo, Tx and dropping a load of steel.


On my way down there I got a preplan. One to never complain about a preplan, but this one had an additional message. The preplan involved picking a load up in Laredo, Tx and taking it to Richland, Ms. The additional message spoke of a trlr I was picking up in Corsicanna, TX with a trlr number.


On the initial read I was going from Laredo to Richland, Ms with a load and then going to Corsicanna to a as yet undetermined location. I've gotten preplans before, but never two at once. So a quick call to the boss was in order and mustering all the intelligence I have "HUH? What is this telling me?". The email machine was fired up and after just a moment or three an answer was forth coming. I am to proceed to Corsicanna, TX and repower a load to Richland, MS.


With that all cleared up I proceeded to Laredo to get unloaded. On the way in I turn left one street too soon. Fortunately (in this case) it was a dead end and didn't have much traffic. I was able to back up a quarter mile and then turn to the right to get on the right street. Pulled in popoped the brakes and then was told were to go to check in. The guy I checked in with has as much personality as a rock. But I was unloaded and on my way in 20 minutes.


I had planned on fueling in Laredo at the Pilot on the north end of town, but there was a train gumming up the works there with a 1/2 mile of trucks backed up waiting to get in there. So a plan 'B' was needed. There is another Pilot northeast of San Antonio (176 miles away). At that point I would hace put 1100 miles or so on this tank of fuel. Meaning that I had enough fuel to get there but do I want to run the tanks that low and risk sucking up all that grime up into the engine. I don't think so. So a plan 'C' was needed. Grab a mere 50 gals at the Luv's at mm33 and then top off at the Pilot northeast of San Antonio. Plan in place and off I go.


Rest of the day was just a nice drive back upto the rest area I spent the night at yesterday.


Have a nice day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.