Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, December 14, 2009

12/14/2009

Well shortly after 8am got the beep. Proceed to Dewitt, IA. Fired it up and off I went for about 5 miles then for the next 25 miles crawled along 10-20 mph. Gotta love Minneapolis-ST Paul during morning rush with snow fall still being cleared. I'd been better off waiting an hour or 2 and then going, but live and learn.


Rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Except for the 18 wheeler with his cab and part of the trailer hanging off the over pass south of Owatonna. Hope he/she made it and no one was hurt.


About 2 pm got my next work assignment grab a load out of Dewitt and proceed to Springdale, AR for a Thursday am delivery. With that damned headache trying to work its way back I decided to pull up a bit short of Dewitt and make my way there in the am. It is a preloaded trailer so I can pretty much get in there as early as I want and take off with it. Plan to proceed to just north of Joplin, MO Wednesday. That will leave me with a 110 miles for a 9am appointment. Should be doable if the power that be at Dewitt have there ducks all lined up in a row.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.