Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, December 17, 2009

12/16/2009 -- Two mints in one..

How I forgot to write a missive yesterday is beyond me but here we are.


Quick summary of yesterday:


Got to Dewitt, IA at about 4am and it was COLD! outside. Dropped the trailer I was pulling. The dropping would have went faster but the landing gear was in bad need of greasing. So bad I had to lower the damn thing in low gear. At any rate it was very slow going and did I mention it was cold outside. Grabbed the new load and made it out of there about 5:30. Most of the time the security guards at these places are dry as a bone and they treat you like your an intrusion to their day. Well this one was nice, almost too nice and about talked my ear off. I made it down to Lamar, MO and that just left me only a two hour drive to my first stop.


Alright took off early enough this morning to pull in an hour early at my first stop. It was in the middle of what would normally be considered a residentual area. On the way in I turned left instead of right and almost ended up in a bind thank god I can adjust my passenger to take a look down the right side. Becuase I was about ready to waylay a damn tree in this very tight turn. Anyway backed up a bit and reapproached the turn and made it safely around the corner. Got the two racks for that stop unloaded and proceeded to the Pilot in Springdale, AR to fuel. Went up to Roger, AR got the other eight racks unloaded. Sent in my empty call.


"Head to Fort Smith, AR" was the message I got about 5 minutes later. It is only 90 miles away and we have a terminal there so off I went. Almost as soon as I pulled into the yard there 'BEEP'. Work assignment to pick up steel across the street and head to Laredo, TX another 770 miles with the DH included. It is going to be another banner week, SWEET!


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.