Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

11/24/2009

It was a most trying day.


I was scheduled to load at 8am pst, so rolling the dice like I normally do. I checked into the shipping department 90 mins early. Usually much earlier than that at a larger plant will get you a potentially firm dismisal until the appointment time. Sometimes you get lucky (Feel like a nut), sometimes you don't. Today was definitely unlucky day. Three of the stocces were not even made yet and wouldn't be until..... The shipping people trying to be nice, kept saying check-in at such and such time and we'll see. To cut a long story short at 11pm pst. I am finally collecting my bills of lading.


I was sitting long enough to get another 34 hour reset. It would have served me better to get the reset in almost at the end of the journey but you take where you can get them. So tomorrow it is off on my (almost) continent wide journey.


Hi Ho Silver Awwaaayyyy.........


Have a nice day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.