Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11/23/2009

So...........


I made it down to Kingsburg, CA without any extra stops, other than a Fuel and Load check stops. I had figured on having to stop and grab a power nap and factored in extra time for just that. I guess the need to grab a power nap is more likely to appear if you don't allot time for it.


I get to the plant and wonder into the receiving area. Humm... no one in the office. So I mill around the area,being resolutely ignored by all that pass by. I am trying to scope out someone who can give direction or point me in the general direction of someone who can. I finally decide to roll the dice and walk up to a dude working on loading a intermodal container. I strike the golden goose, on the first try. Go ahead and untarp outside and then come see me. Ok so off I go. Once the tarp is removed I go back and am told to back into this bay. But.... be sure to back in a close as possible to this side because the crane only goes over this far. It will be about two hour before we get to you cause I have to load this one first. I get unloaded several hours later.


I didn't leave the plant once unloaded, because I figured there would be a good chance of getting a load out of there. And sure enough that is what they spent the day working on. Initially they were talking about a load to Denver, CO, but I wouldn't be able to get there early enough. Finally they settle on a load to Montreal, Quebec. I won't be getting anymore miles this week. I got 2100 so far not bad but not great. And next week I be sitting on Monday morning with 3000 miles and the entire week ahead of me. It is a live load at 8am tomorrow morning and then I can start my journey eastward


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.