Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, October 16, 2009

10/15/2009

Back into the door 25 minutes before my appointment nice way to start the day. Ripped the damn tarp as I was pulling it off the back racks. Unloaded in short order. Fortunately I had some plastic that will help cover the glass and provide some extra protection. Resecured and tarped and on my way at 10:30. Figured I would arrive 10 min before the delivery window closed at Tamarac, Fl. My experience so far is if you arrive that near to the end of the day they will push you to tomorrow.


So I mossied my way there and arrived at 13:50. Grabbed my bills and figured I had to at least try. As I was walking upto the receiving door one of the supervisors walk out and spotted my truck and told me to back it in. Ok better than I expected. I pull up toward the door and the actual unloader walks out and says let me see your bills. Suddenly it is not looking so promising. He fed me a line about a 4 o'clock delivery and they are waiting on that glass. Ok so where can I park this beast so I'll be out of the way. He points over that way and away I go. About ten minutes the supervisor that originally told me to pull it in. Comes over and tells me that they will take me today (now). Feeling like a ping pong ball I start backing it in. Two hours later I'm unloaded and pulling out the bay. I pull over to the side out of the way. Catch up on the log bog and generally screw off waiting for some direction from on high. On a side note the mysterious 4pm delivery never showed. I'm not saying -- I'm just saying


Got a deadhead move to the greater Jacksonville, FL metro area. They are trying to find something in that area for me. KK good enough and off I go. It got to be 6 O'clock and I realize they won't find me anything at least till 9am tomorrow. By the time I get to Jacksonville there won't be any parking available. My butt is worn out and therefore I decide going all the way up there tonight is nonsense. I pull over in a rest area and will get up in time to be in the area at 9am. Good enough.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.