Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

10/14/2009

Well today went as planned. Took off about 9:30 headed down I-95 and everything cooperated to keep the left side door closed except for load checks. Stopped in Brunswick, GA to top off the belly tank and Sampson, Fl to top off the fuel tanks. Made it to Oralndo by 10:30 and here it gets a little funny.


I had scoped out the place on google maps and they indicated the consignee was on the corner. Having made the final turn and not seeing the consignee. I went down the road pulling as close to the curb as possible and I pop the brakes. It's an industrial park so I figured ignoring the no parking sign for a few minutes would be fine. Besides the truck would be in view so I might be able to head off any erstwhile law enforcement types with a burr in thier saddle. I walk back to the corner and took a closer look at the businesses on the corner to make sure I hadn't missed them. Nope no luck there. Hmmmmmmm. As I walk back to the truck I'm now checking out all the businesses and lo and behold. I had popped my brakes 5 foot from the driveway from my heretofore lost consignee. Extra exercise aside not bad.


So plan for tomorrow. Untarp and unsecure back racks. Consignee unloads thier portion of the load. Tarp and secure (not neccesarily in that order) the back racks. Either JET or mosey down to Tamarac, FL for the second stop on this load. If Tamarac's recieving window is still possible I'll jet down and try to get unloaded otherwise I'll mosey down and park in thier parking lot for the night.


Not sure where I'm headed after that but this is my hometime weekend. Kind of hoping that an Ottawa, IL load is in my immediate future. Got a sausage burger on my mind and there is a place right next to our drop yard that serves a mean tasting one.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.