Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/12/2009

Woke up this morning slid down to the lobby to lay on a bit of grub. A bowl of oatmeal, a bowl of cereal, and copious amounts of coffee. Done!


Nine bells roll around I call the repair shop. I waited till then knowing full well how Mondays are especially to people that get the weekends off. I do the same thing for my FM for the same reasons. The news I receive is that it will be very late this evening maybe even Tuesday morning before they release my truck. I relay this infomation to my FM who in turns relays the info to Fleet-net. So far, so good. Fleet-net doing the same I would in their position calls the repair shop on their own and receives a different assessment of the situation. They tell fleet-net that it will be late afternoon before they can release the truck. They inturn tell me that I will need to check out of the motel and proceed to the repair shop and await the release of my truck.


All I can see at this point is a very pissed off truck driver namely me waiting around a repair shop for hours on end without a nearby location to get something to eat. In the end having to return to the motel and spending another night. At this point an extremely pissed off driver.


So noon rolls around (the check out time) I call the shop and get the same dude on the phone and he sings me the same song and dance. After that I explain that someone was singing fleet net a different song. (Juke box analogy almost exhausted). He turns and apparently asks someone who knows what they are talking about and finally everyone gets on the same tune. They give me a ride back to the shop about an hour later. And thirty minutes later the truck is released.


NOT the train wreck of a day I had envisioned.


I let the boss know and she said to proceed to Geneva, NY and they would work on getting me a load. KK everything looking good. Trucks running fine gauges look good life is great. 15 miles before I get to Rochester, NY I get redirected to Mount Holly Spring, PA. Perfect timing if you ask me. Make a right onto I-390 and head south. 280 miles later I'm at MHS and drop my trailer. Now I was directed to pick up a specific trailer to get loaded at noon tomorrow. I haven't found the specific trailer but I will resume my search in the am. It's off to bed for the night. Plan on running over to the Flying J in the morning to see about getting some grub and resume the search for my trailer.


Have a good night


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.