Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10/13/2009

Well ok. As we resume our search for the trailer I was to grab we/I come to the conclusion it is not on site. QC (qualcomm) the office and I was told well grab another step deck and let us know which one. Alright no problem except there is only two and one is missing half the glass rack and neither is step up in glass mode. Let me explain a bit. If we drop a trailer at a glass plant it is suppose to left there in glass mode. This is two times running I've had to set up a glass trailer at a glass plant before I could get a glass load. Some will argue it is not worth the twenty dollars to set up the trailer and to be frank (although that is normally Frank's job) I agree, But it is what we are suppose to do and I have yet to drop a trailer without setting it up proper like. To top it off the trailer I was to grab had been stripped of it equipment. No problem the trailer I just dropped had the equipment I needed and I knew the tarps were good. Trailer is set up totally equipped and ready to load with two hours to go before load time.


By noon backed into the door and ready to load. This load has two stops very unusally for glass at least in my experience (first one) so it required some forethought by the loaders. Turns out there was too much on the second stop to get it all on the front racks. So they were going to have to put a single stocce on the back rack. Well that is gonna suck retarping it and it will look like hell going down the road but oh well. Turns out there was still too much slot to go on the front racks so the load had to be rearraged. They had to unload part of the front racks and move more to the back racks. Well at least now there will be a bit on both sides of the back rack now. It will still look bad as the tarps are designed to cover a lot more glass but it will be better.


Finally about five-thirty everything is done and ready to roll. Still got to put on about 350 miles to make a Thursday morning delivery possible. Wasn't looking forward to trying to find a place to parking on the I-95 corridor at midnight, but that is why we get paid the big bucks or something like that. Found a spot in northern North Carolina for the night. Cant roll till 9:30 so I should be in the greater Orlando metro area well after the traffic dies down. Consignee has overnight parking so that is the plan for tomorrow.


Have a good night/day!


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.