Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, November 21, 2009

11/20/2009

IF I had looked at what the weather was going to be I would have stayed up last night and tightened the ropes and bungeed this load. But, I didn't so there I was this morning doing just that in the rain. The mud in the yard turn into glue on my shoes and I tracked it into my truck. If I had had my thinking cap on and it was entirely to early for that to happen I would have shucked my shoes prior to climbing in the truck. Live and learn and clean I say.


Corsicana, Tx is an hour south of the Dallas/ Fort Worth metro area and there is no good way to avoid it and I was going to traverse the area during morning rush hour on a Friday and it is raining. I had check the weather to see how far it extended and it reached just to the northwest of DFW area. So with considerable dread I head out. Amazingly the dunder heads stayed home today (must have called in sick). I averaged 50mph or better through out the area. I get just a little northwest of Fort Worth and the rain dissipates. Even the weather channel had it right what are the chances of that.


The only other planned stop today was to top of the fuel tnks in Amarillo, TX. Made it there only 15mins later that planned all is going good.


Pulled the pull on the day at Tucumcari, NM at the Flying J. Going to do a 34 hr reset here and take off Sunday morning. So the only question now is buffet tonight or in the morning. Feeling more like eating breakfast stuff so tomorrow morning it is.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.