Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11/17/2009

At 6:15 the customer knocks on the cab. I was awake, so I think I startled him a bit when I hopped out of the bunk.and cheerily said "Good morning". He asked if I was ready to pull it in and pull it in I did. It was a nice pull thru bay, no backing skills required. Nice way to start the day. Wasn't ready to pull out of the bay till 8:30, but I imagine that I was still an hour to an hour and a half ahead of schedule.


The fastest, but not shortest, way to Laredo is to slide down TX Loop 8 to I10w and catch I35 in San Antonio and proceed south. A route I've taken once before. The slower and shorter way is to take some outer road around Houston down to US59 down to Laredo. The route less traveled you might say and never by me. So off I went and a nice ride it was. The hour and a half I had gained earlier in the day was use by taking this route, but it was in it own Texan way more scenic.


I got to the drop yard with about 3-4 hours of driving time left. I decided to at least knock out a 100 or so miles of the journey. With doing that I won't have to get up quite so early on Thursday. I stopped at a picnic area along US59. There are no lights out here except for the occasional vehicle passing by and the stars seem exceptionally bright. Nice, very nice would have been a perfect place to view the metier shower.


Side note: I need to find a blog tool with spell check


Well should be around 600 miles on the agenda tomorrow should put me somewhere in Mississippi.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.