Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, November 16, 2009

11/12-13/2009

Bout 10am got a load assignment. It doesn't deliver until Tuesday so earning for the week is done. The good news is I get home a day early buttttt I have to leave Sunday to make it there on time. It all balances out in the end. Figured (hoped) that the load would not be finished till just before 2nd shift went home for the day. I took a long nap from 1 till 7 pm so I could drive thru the night and get home in the early morning. The load was in fact finished at 10:30pm when I called to check on it.


The load was missing the rope for the ladder sections on the tarp so I had to go and dig some up. I got under way around midnight and made it to the rest area on I26 west of Columbia, SC before it was necessary to pull over and take a short nap. Those hours just before sun up are almost impossible for me to drive thru. Got home around 7am it is time to start my weekend at home.


Have a good day/weekend!


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.