Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

11/11/2009

I was able to do my civic duty today. Upon reflection I could have done it a lot better perhaps next time. Anyway shortly after I started my day 12:45am or so. I was headed east on I26 and came unpon a Blue SUV drifting from one lane to the other and back, slowing down and speeding up. My first thought was how to get by this idiot without killing me or him. He had a pattern so I waited. He'd drift into the hammer lane, realize his error and then drift thru the granny lane and part way into the break down lane. Once he started his drift from the hammer lane I closed the gap and dashed by him as fast as this truck would allow me ( not very fast by the by). As I'm passing him I check my mirror often to make sure he didn't drift into my side. Once I was safely past I decided to call 911 and report the driver. Gave as many details as possible, excluding the plate number(duh). Hope for his sake and the other driver the police found him. Alas I'll never know for sure.


Here comes the reflection part.......


I should have stayed behind him and called the police from there. It would have been the safer choice and I could have warned other drivers better. Live and learn.


Made it Swansea, SC got unloaded equipment put away and about 30 min later got the DH move to Laurinburg, NC. Had my FM setup an appointment with the shop to get the PM done. Once there I gave them a laundry list of other things needing looked at. 10pm I get my truck back 2 new steer tires front end alignment, new fog light, headlights aligned. The bunk heater that has never worked since I got the truck still doesn't work. They got to order the parts. But they did offer to put me in a different truck. Thats not happening, it is almost as bad and moving into a different apartment. I told them to just order the parts and I'll let them do their thing once they come in.


Didn't get a work assignment while the truck was in the shop. So I'll be waiting until 9am or so to see what is happening next. Got 1800 miles in this week and $50 in extra pay. Hope there is something in the cards for delivery Friday but not betting on it. Really hoping for a Jackson, MS delivery on Tuesday. That will be a nice way to start the next time out. Anyway.....


Have a nice day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.