Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

10/31/2009

As I sent my breakdown message Wed. I got a deadhead move to Mount Holly Springs, PA. This is my least favorite load point. In fact I hate it. It invaribly involves a flatbed or step deck and the tarping work is twice at much work. Last time I was there was the screwy two stop load to FL. and even the loading there took extra long because the load had to be rearranged.


So now it is Thursday and I had hoped the Mount Holly Springs ship had sailed so to speak. At 1pm they released my truck. I had my nav aids back up and running and I could again make coffee in the truck. Life is good. I kinda figured that this being my hometime weekend would disuade them from sending me to M.H.S. and they would send me to a preload point. NOPE "DH to MHS will advise". Damn and double damn what a way to end this roadtrip. So I'm tooling down the road and couple hours later the W/A comes through. Proceed to ..... Laurinburg, NC for a Jackson, MS load delivering Tuesday. Hooray!!!!!! Old fart dancin in the driver's seat. Now I'm big time happy.


I didn't have to change direction because I was told well before that would be needed. OK. New plan driving till my 11hrs were exhausted would get me to southern VA or Northern NC. I proceed down the I-86- I-180- PA322 - I-81/PA581 US15s I270-I495 I95 corridor. I get to Ruthford Glenn south of DC and see the Aunt Sarah's Pancake House on the right. there are a couple of parking spaces available and I'm hungry as I can be. Pull in and park it. It's 11pm and the place is closed. Well darn alright maybe it will be open for breakfast. I won't be able to legally leave until 9am so a nice leisurely breakfast is the plan. Off to sleep I go. Wake up at 6am and the joint is still closed. Aunt Sarah's didn't make it. Oh well putzed around on the computer till 9 and away I go.


About 12 I pull into Sadler's at xt75 in NC and decide I can't ignore the hunger any more. I take a look at the buffet there as I head to the restroom. Hmmmmm... Nah I just order something off the menu. The buffet looked a little weak. Later I realized the buffet was only 6.95 and that included the drink during lunch. So the buffet wasn't a bad deal after all, but I had a taste for some breakfast food.


About 3 o'clock I pull into the yard drop the trlr and head inside to hassle a friend who just got back on the road. Spent a few minutes doing that and got over to the plant to grab my load. Cinch up the ropes check out the securement and away I go. About 9pm drop the trlr where I rent a space for when I'm home.


Get home wife is not feeling good and she has been tending my daughter who just got 4 wisdom teeth pulled out the day before. It could be an interesting weekend. My new bluetooth interface for the truck radio has just arrived. Plan on getting it installed this weekend. Hopefully it works as well as advertised.


Have a good week end and talk to you on Monday


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.