Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

10/28/2009

I left off last with the truck acting screwy. Much better term than I'm using in my mind.


Next question I ask myself (because we have clearly determined maintenance is no help). Can I make it to the consignee safely?? I shut down the tractor and restarted it.


*Tractor ABS warning disappears


All outside lights work. Small wiff of smoke disappears (opening windows helped that and closing didn't increase smell). Put auto tranny into gear rolls -increase speed- shifts normal. Test brakes -- they work fine.


All critical systems seem to be working fine. I make the decision to roll.


Five hours to consigneee. No XM radio (middle of the night), no college lectures on the computer (no power). buttt...... the regular radio works gotta find a new station every 15 min but it works. Made it to the consignee with 10 min to spare (don't think they were watching or worrying all that hard) but I wasn't late my own personall pet peeve.


Made it to the consignee. Got unloaded. Time to deal with Fleet net. Fleet net responds head to Rochester, NY. Address is such and such.... break out the atlas... not visible. Call Freight shaker dealer in Rochester. Directions a blind man can follow. It's a good thing too because my computer/gps is out of power. Get there nice as pie staff, Pull my tractor into the bay 45min later. They got to order the part (overnight) won'tbe here till tomorrow. Time to find a hotel for the night.


And here I sit in the hotel. Someone smuggled in a few adult beverages. Gonna call it a day at this point


Have good good day/night


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.