Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, November 2, 2009

11/01/2009

Naught but two months remain in 2009. Christmas is looming on the horizon and this husband did good for once. I usually wait until almost christmas before I ponder what to get my spouse as a gift. Usually we are poor as church mice by then because we got to get this that and the other to get. Either to eat for christmas or a couple of last minute gifts pop up and deplete the remaining funds. For the last sixteen years we have refused to go into debt or increase the debt level for one day. And my wife ends up with nothing as a gift for that day.


So there I was Saturday morning, drinking copious amounts of coffee and watching previously recorded program on the dvr. When a bolt of lightning in the form of a TV commercial strikes. The perfect gift a balance between the monetary funds available and price. Something with which she could start the day slightly spoiled and still not require a stop by starbucks.



My wife drinks single cups of tea or coffee. So this Keurig single cup brewer was the perfect answer. She manages the money on a day to day basis, so I had to get clearance so that I wouldn't screw up the bills. Off to Sear's we went to get her a personal coffee/tea maker. It comes with 18 k-cup variety pack which includes a couple of teas. After we got home and set it up. I commenced to do some web surfing looking for some tea varieties (her preference). We found 4 different teas and a pumpkin spice coffee (yuck) and ordered them. There is also an adapter you can get which allows you to use the pods that are made for different single brew makers so I ordered that. That should all be in by the end of the week. This doesn't make me a perfect husband. The jewerlry makers would definitely prefer I dumped my money on thier products. But I'm most assuredly a happy one and my christmas shopping is already done.


Now back to our regularly scheduled program...........


Took off Sunday about 2pm wanted to get beyond Atlanta, GA. Top off my tanks by the pilot just down the interstate. Made my way over to the Alabama border rest area and called it a day.


Last week I ordered a bluetooth add-on for my truck stereo and it was at the house when I got there. I have been using one that you place in your ear. But sometimes I have a hard time hearing the person on the other end of the line. Somedays and sometimes the truck seems nosier than others. Anyway this thing will allow me to hear the other person on the truck stereo speakers. Now I got to hook it up to get it working. And then I'm going to see if there is anyway to hide the additional wires. My dashboard is getting overloaded with wires for this and that.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.