Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, April 30, 2010

04/29/2010

I am not sure what is happening with PPG, but it is spooky.


I took off at 8am and the put me at the plant at 11:30am. At noon I was backed in the door and 50 minutes later I pulled out of the door empty. See what I mean spooky. The load went well and the unload went equally as well.


After unloading I pulled back into the drop yard and sat around there for several hours. About 3 I got a work assignment picking up a load in Jefferson Hill, Pa and taking it over to Owatonna, MN for a Tuesday delivery. That is a bit of a long time between pick up and delivery, but they did talk about relaying the load in either Ottawa, Il or Dewitt, IA. Well see, as lazy as I am feeling I would be just as happy to take the load all the way in and sit on it for the extra time.


I made it over to Sliding Hill service plaza for the night. It leaves me about 2 hours out from Jefferson Hills. I plan to make it in there about 9am and perhaps I'll get loaded a bit early.


The only aggravating thing of the day was the trailer I had to pick up. The idiot who had it before me taped the bridge boards to the a frames with ½ inch paper masking tape. Tied the straps to the frame and left the honeycomb cardboard all over the trailer. Once that stuff gets wet it makes a huge mess. So I spent way to much time setting up the trailer for travel. Once that was done the rest of the day went smoothly.


Well I need to get to work

Have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.