Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, April 26, 2010

04/26/2010

Well I dodge the misadventures with the bees. It was raining to hard and they probably wouldn't have shown themselves anyway.

Two good notes for today. I-40 in western North Carolina is open, it doesn't officially open till tomorrow so I went through as a test dummy today. They only have one lane open but it is not widely known that it is open so no back up today. The second good note. I have in fact been here before. It is a nice facility and it does have space for over night parking. So that was the target for today.

I took off when my wife had to go to work. Might as well leave then and she makes an excellent back up alarm clock, though I don't think she likes that role. I am not a mind reader she told me as much Sunday night. I actually did pretty good waking myself up. I usually make her beat me about the head and shoulders when I know she'll be there. On the road I have an alarm clock called the "Screamin Meanie" and as the name suggest it produces a god awful sound. If it is left run long enough it will wake neighboring drivers. Not a good scene. I usually spring out of bed/bunk once it goes off.

These guys will unload you early if they can so that is good. But nobody will be in load planning till 9am est. So... what happens tomorrow is a mystery. I think the last time I was here I had a double drop which we can only load glass on, today I have a step deck, which once the racks are down anything is possible. It is 360 miles to Ottawa, Il my favorite place and 300 miles to Mt Zion, Il not my favorite but it keeps me hauling glass. So we will just have to see what the jury(CSRs) says.

Until then
May your roads be flat
May the wind be at your back
May all the four wheelers take smart pills
May you have a safe day

Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.