Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

04/27/2010

Well the unloading didn't go as fast as I would have liked. But when the receiver said they would get to me as soon as they could the big red flag reared its ugly head. All things considered it wasn't too bad 3 hours later I pulled out of the door.

If I had bet on what the rest of today would have entailed I would have lost. Granted they want us to haul glass as much as possible, but it was 300 miles to the nearest glass plant and I have a trailer which can be broken down to haul system freight. So odds would be a system load.

Nope not happening off to Mt Zion, IL I went. Now Mt. Zion is the worst live location we service. It is a union shop and is a personification of all the worst things unions entail. Having said all those negative things. Today was totally different there.

My appointment was at 5pm.
I was backing in the door at 4:15 (weird)
At 5:10 they started loading me. (strange)
At 5:35 they were done. (fantastic)
At 6:10 when I was ready for the crane to put the tarps over the glass. They were on break.
At 6:30 they were back and using the crane to put the tarps up. (unbelievable)
At 7:30 I was pulling off the property.

If someone had told me I would be pulling off the property as the sun went down I would have ask the to share the drugs they were on. Today might have just been an aberration, but I take it and run with it.

This load is due in Mt Holly Springs, PA Thursday. I just about make it there tomorrow or pull up a bit short all depends on how lazy I feel and what time they set my appointment for.

Until then....
Have a good day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.