Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, May 3, 2010

05/03/2010

Fighting boredom is the theme for the day.

>> Friday << The load in Jefferson Hills Friday went fine. The getting in the door challenge was up to level three today. You had to back past the door and the rail cars strategically placed. Pull forward between the uncoupled rail cars. Once that was complete you had to see saw back and forth to get the rear of the trailer to line up with the door. Getting out was the same obstacle course, but there wasn't as much backing involved. Once loaded and clear of the obstacle course I made it to western Ohio for the night. Oh I did get another work assignment. I am to drop this load in Ottawa, Il and grab another load headed to Montreal, PQ for Tuesday morning. >> Saturday << Ran over to Ottawa. Bypassed the Sausage burger and associated adult beverage. And made my way up to Perry, MI for the night. Other than the 600+ mile day and the rain I encountered in Indiana everything went smooth. >> Sunday <<

Plan for the day was to get to the Flying J in eastern Montreal. Well..... I made it to a Flying J, but the one in Napanee, On was as far as I got. A massive dose of laziness overcame me and so here I sit doing my 34 hour reset. I plan on taking off tomorrow morning with plenty of extra time built in in case of bad traffic.

That bring you up to date. With all the stuff I have to do in the truck you would figure boredom would not be possible. Today none of it seems appealing.

Have a nice day
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.