Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, March 20, 2010

03/20/2010

Last time I blogged I was in Mount Airy, Nc. They had the Brintle's parking lot jammed like sardines in a can. After winding my way to the the fuel pumps and then squeezing my way out the rest of the day was pretty mundane. I made it to just inside of Illinois on I-74. That left me slightly over 200 miles for Friday morning's delivery.


Nice thing about delivering here is you just back the trailer into the bay untarp and unsecure the load and your done. No waiting for them to unload it. But waiting for my next load assignment made up for the efficient unload process. In fact it was almost to late for me to make it prior to the end of my fourteen hour day and if there hadn't been several truck stops within a quarter mile of this place I might have been in a pickle.


The loading went fast and it was Friday so finding a parking spot wasn't bad at all. I decided to do my 34 hour reset right here at the Pilot. Not my favorite kind or truck stop especially for a 34 hour reset but the showers are free. Gotta take the good with the bad.


My turn signals are acting screwy so tomorrow on I-70 I'm gonna stop at the TA just inside of Ohio and have them fix it. Thought about waiting till Monday when odds are they will pull me into Laurinburg, but having them fix the truck in the middle or beginning of the week is not very conducive to getting work assignments and tallying up a good amount of miles.


Tomorrows destination should be Mount Airy, NC again, but that all depends on how long it takes the TA to get me back under way. We will just have to wait and see.


Until then......

Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.