Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

03/17/2010

What do you do when the day comes off exactly as planned? Admittedly I was lucky another driver going to the same place had arrived at 6am and still had another 2 hours or so to wait before his load would be ready. Apparently the trailer type he needed wasn't available earlier when it was suppose to be. As I said today went off perfectly and I ended the day at Brintle's in Mount Airy, NC.


I tried they buffet here for the first time and while not the best buffet I've encountered on America's highways it was far from the worst. When I woke up we are parked in here like sardine's and a few drivers decided to make a few spots.


On a somewhat sad note they have changed my FM today. I've been moved off the trainee board. During normal economic times this would probably would have happened quite a while ago. Anyway her sarcastic and slightly smart ass rapier wit will be sorely missed, especially when I am taking myself too seriously. All our Fms in Laurinburg are good from what I can tell, but she was my first. So with the changing of the guard we march on.


Hope you have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.