Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

02/25/2010

This one will be a short one.

It was only 4 hrs to the consignee this morning and besides a bit of heavy snow east of Raleigh, NC it was a nice ride. I got to the consignee about 11am and the receiver there was extremely nice and cooperative. I mean it was like he wanted to facilitate the receiving of the product and sending me on my way. A good deal of the companies (shippers or receivers) we deal with seem like they could care less. For this shipment both the shipper and the receiver were focused on moving the product. Good deal all the way around. Anyway once empty I sent off the empty call and then proceeded to put all the equipment away.

About an hour and several hands of Texas hold'em on the Blackberry later I get a work assignment. A load that loads sometime today and delivers in Salisbury, Nc Monday at 7am. Not a perfect homeward load, but considering market conditions nothing to complain about.

So I get to head straight home from here. I got to conspire with my daughter and tell the wife that I would be home sometime Friday evening. Kimberly (my daughter) said Cheri (my wife) was ranting a bit about my never getting home early. As a side note last time home was delayed by the ice storm north of Atlanta. Perfect I thought only 5 hours from the house. So I got home last evening about 7pm eastern time. So I'll end up with almost 72 hours at the house. Which is considerably more than usual.

Well it wasn't as short as I thought

At any rate have a nice weekend
Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.