Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

02/22-23/2010

I need to get back in gear skipping days and all that.


Well the run up to to Fenton, MI went off without a hitch. You can park at the consignee and looks like there is a nice eatery across the road. I had arrived at 3:30 and didn't feel hungry yet. I crawled back into the bunk to relax for a FEW. Ten O'clock I woke up and dreams of a decent non microwaved dinner crumbled. Messed around a bit and went back to bed.


My appointment time was 8am so about a quarter till I checked in. Ah you'll be back in that door over there. Kool so I moved the truck and started backing in towards the bay. A forklift driver pops out the door. He is dumping scrap into the bin and has one more if I can wait a minute. Alright 10 min later he comes out the door with his final load. I finish lining up with the door. Go in and see if the door can open. Another place that stacks finished product in the receiving door area. And I will have to wait for it to be cleared. By now I've come to the conclusion that being anything other than mr patience is just going to ruin my day. After everything was said and done I was empty at 11am. Could have been worse.


An hour later I get a message go ahead and break down your racks. I don't mind this the air hammer has made doing this a simple thing. But today the air hammer has decided to retire and I gave away the ratchet to do it manually to a friend of mine. I'm only 10 miles from Flint, MI and there is a Home Depot and Lowes across the street from each other. I didn't know all this prior to today, I hopped on the Internet and looked it up on google. Anyway I exchanged the air hammer for a replacement and purchased a manual ratchet for just in case. I doubt that next time I'll be so lucky as to have both or one of the places that close. Anyway I got the racks broke down and called and let the boss know.


About 4pm I start thinking about the eatery across the street again. If they just leave me here tonight. So I begin to stare at the qualcomm, don't beep, don't beep …. ..........

4:25 beep (crap)

Dreams of tasty morsels banished again, but I am going to start making money again.


Well I'm picking up a coil in Walbridge, OH tomorrow morning and taking it down to Clinton, NC for Thursday or Friday and depending on how the pick up goes will determine when it is delivered. Although Thursday would be better because this weekend is hometime.


Now that I'm caught up you have a good day!

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.