Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Sunday, February 21, 2010

02/20-21/2010

Friday evening I had decided to do my reset in Laurinburg. So I took off rather late after my 10 hour break and a nap. I only made it to Candor, NC and the last 60 miles were looking like a million miles. To hell with it. I can grab a shower here and there is a Wendy's to eat at should I be starving. So here I sit in Candor taking a reset. It is a nice Wilco quiet for the most part.


I had arrived here about 2am and went to sleep. I didn't wake up till 9 and for some reason I didn't make my morning coffee. I grabbed a shower about 11:30 soon after I got back to the truck I started getting a bad headache. It was one of those headaches that cause you to sweat and upset your stomach. I rarely get these and could only figure it came from two different things. Either the food I ate last night for dinner, not really sure how that could give a person a headache or a low caffeine problem which has caused this kind of headache in the past. So I quickly brewed a pot of coffee and drank half of it, took two Tylenol and laid down to take a nap. Three hours later I awoke and the headache was gone. Kool.


So I spent the rest of the day listening to books and catching up my spreadsheets and being generally lazy. Wish I could say cleaning the truck was in the list of thing I had done but alas it is not.


Sunday morning –


Only 6 hours before the reset is done. Wendy's for breakfast 2 grande breakfast burritos, a sample of hash rounds, and a rootbeer. First time I've eaten at Wendy's for breakfast may not be the last time but I won't be going out of my way to eat breakfast there again.


Anyway the plan for this afternoon is to get to Laurinburg grab the load and get about 240 miles up the road. There is a nice rest area in VA along I-77. I think it is in the national forest up that way and if all goes to plan I should be there by 6 or 7pm.


That is all for now

Have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.