Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

02/18/-19/2010 part 1

Thursday 02/18/2010


Well I dashed down to Mount Holly Springs, Pa and got there by 6:30am. If I had been thinking I would have waited a couple of hours and got there later and more sleep. There was no way I was going to to hear or know anything till 9am est. Sure enough 9:15 beep work assignment. Picking up 3pm and delivering at noon Friday. Well Iback into a bay a little before 3 and finally pull out at 6:30pm. And off to sleep I went.


Now here comes the stupid part


Friday 02/19/2010


I got just under 400 miles to the customer. 8Hrs driving time. I got to stop for fuel. .25 hrs. And for good measure I'll throw an hour in just in case I get sleepy and have to pull over for a short nap. So without consideration as to when the previous day ended I set my alarm clock. And away I went this morning. Well I did stop for fuel, but I didn't get sleepy. So I get a call right after I turn on HWY220 in Roanoke, VA. “YOUR BREAK LAST NIGHT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH. I have to shut you down.” But, But, But all to no avail the boss was right. Now speaking to myself “You dumbass you got yourself hoisted on your petard. Anyway I went to the nearest truck stop out on I-81 and they are trying to find someone not quite so stupid to relay the load. They may try but I don't think they'll be able to beat up on me more than I already have.


I have to continue this once I see how it plays out.


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.