Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

02/17/2010

Sometimes it pays more to get up early than others. Take today for example. I got up at 3am main goal was to beat the traffic in Toronto and perhaps grab a nap when I got to the consignee while I was waiting to get unloaded. I did beat the traffic it was thickening up but there wasn't any traffic snarls. And when I got there at 7am the unloaders came out and asked if I was ready to unload. I explained my appointment wasn't until 10am but that I would be glad to get unloaded. He said the 7am delivery was late and that he would take me now. SWEET!! So now I'm three hours ahead of schedule. Let see if the dispatchers can continue this roll of good luck.


Ahh it was not meant to be. The three plus hours I saved on the front end was wasted on the back end. Such is life. My initial deadhead move was to Laurinburg, but that has since changed. I am now dead heading to MT. Holly Springs, PA and grab a load that delivers some where in Canada sometime Friday. That is the extent of my knowledge. I truly dislike loading at this facility, but it is one of our customers. They are still ironing out the details so we will just have to wait and see how this plays out.


It started snowing shortly after I began driving out of Canada and now that I am 240 miles away from my start location it is still snowing. I've got to start pretty early in the morning so here is hoping the roads are in good shape once I begin rolling. We'll just have to wait and see.


My wife stocked me up on a few items before I left the house and tonight I finish the refrigerated items. Last night the stuffed shells and deep fried pork chops were consumed with great enjoyment. Imagine the sleep with a stuffed belly caused by stuffed shells. Life is good! Tonights dinner will consist of Ruth's chicken salad (a personal favorite) and Tostitos with dip as a side. As a follow blogger says “Good times, Good times”.


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.