Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, February 13, 2010

02/12/2010

02/11 – 02/12/2010


Blogging in the northbound granny lane. Yep stuck behind some pile up on I-85 north of Atlanta. So while at any moment we might be able to move 10 to 100 feet I am not blogging while in motion, but technically while I am driving.


02/11/2010

Got there the place was further down the street than originally thought. They had to load one of their trucks first. Once they accomplished that they started on my load. They took forever, or so it seemed, finally at noon they finished my 8am delivery. I send in my empty call. About an hour later I give them a call. Head to the nearest truck stop. Now I am in North Miami, Fl and truck stops are a bit rare in this neck of the woods. So I opted for the nearest rest area which was 90 miles north. I figured at the very least I'll be headed in the right direction. Once I get to the rest area I wait around for an hour. Fire off a qualcomm message and 15-20 minutes later I get a deadhead move to Palmetto, FL. Where I was would have been the best place to be cause I could have gotten on I-75 and followed it straight up. But here I got on US70 and scooted straight across the state. Got to the rest area at SunCity, FL and called it a day.


02/12/2010

Scheduled to pick up the load at noon. Still needed to break down the glass racks and I wanted to make it over there by 10am. Just to see if I could get loaded earlier. They were happy to see me so good deal. Took off and made it through the Florida rain and thirty miles into Georgia it turned into snow at some points quite heavy snow. Once I got to Macon the snow almost tapered off to nothing. I saw a warning sign about the back up on I-85 northbound but figured it would clear up before I got there or shortly thereafter WRONG on both counts.


So here I sit catching up on my blog in the middle of the interstate.


Have a nice weekend
Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.