Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sunday 02/07/2010

Sunday 02/07/2010


Fired up the coffee pot first thing. As the coffee was brewing the sweet tooth monster grab me and took me into the truck stop to grab a quart of chocolate milk and 2 danishes. Fully armed with sweets and coffee I took off shortly after 3am. I got about an hour/ hour and a quarter down the road and my body/ brain started telling me it wasn't time to be driving yet. So I pulled off and got on the on ramp side of an exit and set the alarm for two hours and flopped into the bunk. I had just consumed half a pot of coffee, quart of chocolate milk and the danishes. Despite that I went right to sleep. Woke up fifteen minutes before the alarm went off and hit the road again.


Stopped in Jackson, MS to top off the tanks. As I crossed the border into Louisiana the sun came out for the first ten miles or so. Then it was back to drab overcast skies. The rest of the drive was pretty sedate. A couple of state troopers doing their part to keep the roads safe/ fill state coffers. A bit of drizzle here and there. The next thing you know I am 6 miles from the morning delivery point.


The truck stop I am at has a POPEYEs. I can't remember the last time I've eaten at a Popeye's. While the food wasn't bad, it wasn't remarkable enough to have me returning anytime soon either. That and the fact that I'm not a big fan of yard bird makes it unlikely that I'll be enhancing their revenue stream anytime soon.


Let's see speculation time for once I'm empty tomorrow.

15% Laredo, TX to pick up relay glass load

25% Corsicanna, TX glass load

25% Wichita Falls, TX glass load

35% System load location unknown


Now all that remains is to see how wrong I can be.

Have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.