Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

02/08/2010

It was raining when I woke. The consignee was only five minutes down the road so off I went. I got to the property and the sign clearly said to check in with security. Ok, no problem expect there was no one in the security shack. So I walked back to the truck and removed four of the six chains and waited a bit. About 7:30 went back to the shack and still no one. Poked my head into the facility of the few I spoke to all claimed not to speak English. Back to the truck. I get back to the truck. I then see a building about 200 yards off with arch welding going on inside. Hmm what are the chances, so I moved my truck over that way. Poked my head in again (this time a little more confidence was used). Yea I was in the right place. They had me pull around to the side of the building and wait there. Forty minutes later 2 tiny fork lifts, at least tiny in comparison to the forty foot steel beams they would be moving, they proceeded to do their dance of danger. Fortunately I didn't have to get out of the truck. It did serve to explain the dings in the metal building. I had been wondering how those happened they were too high for a big truck to do them. While they were doing their balancing act I got my next work assignment.


Grab a load out of Wichita Falls, TX and take it to Miami, FL for 8 am Thursday. I had to set up the glass racks on the trailer I had and other than the rain it was an easy $20.


I was loaded on on my way by 1pm. Other than a fuel stop east of the DFW metropolis todays goal was Louisiana. That will leave me a cool 1150 miles for the next two days and the consignee has overnight parking.


That will put me at 2683 miles for the week and $60 in ancillary pay. Assuming I won't get another load that closes this week not a bad tally all things considered. And home sometime Friday it doesn't get much better than that.


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.