Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

02/09/2010

Todays jaunt went rather well.

I traversed Shreveport, Baton Rouge, Mobile and not a traffic snarl among the three. I must be eating the proper amount of Lucky Charms. The sun actually made an appearance south of Shreveport for about an hour or so. I suppose it felt a need to check in on the southern United States as it has been so neglectful the last couple of days. Even the travails of excessive atmospheric moisture (rain) was held in abeyance today. The last sentence was a bit wordy but it sounded different or cool to me. The only contrary evidence being that the road surfaces were still damp.


That leaves a mere 533 miles to tomorrows journey. I've decided to pick up US27 a bit south of the Ocala area instead of up around Tallahassee. The difference being a half day of stop light traffic instead of a full one. The consignee has overnight parking so the plan is to travel all the way in and have a fresh 11 hours for driving for Thursday.


I attempted a couple (lot more than I posted) pictures today. It is hoped that at some point my skill will improve and the subject of the pictures will get more interesting. Until then bear with me.......


Have a good day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.