Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, December 10, 2009

12/09/2009

"What would you do for a Klondike bar?"


Wellllllll.... actual nothing. Sometime an old jingle pops in your head and your stuck with it.


I got a couple of hours in at 45mph before I had to once again call it a day. A 100 miles or so and the white-out conditions were just to much to safely proceed any further. When you can't discern what the big interstate signs say along side of the road it is time to get off the road and that is exactly what I did.


Fortunately I have enough grub and reading materials and internet access to ward off hunger and boredom despite my location. Also fortunately for me this company leaves the safe/unsafe to drive decision to the drivers. Finished one book and started another throw in a nap and quite a few hours can dissapear. About 3pm the winds started abating and I could have made some progress. It being that late in the day I decided against it for a real early start in the morning. It's still 776 miles to Wichita Falls, Tx so it will be early tomorrow before I make it to the shipper. If I get an work assignment sometime today I will adjust my arrival time to optimize how much ground I can cover after getting the load.


Have a nice day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.