Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, November 12, 2009

11/10/2009

I woke up at 1:30am and after starting the coffee maker. Always the second action of the morning after turning off the alarm. I got out inspected the load and truck. I found 1 chain while not loose it wasn't as tight as I wanted. As soon as the chain was tighten hop back in the truck and the coffee maker was done.


I plotted out today's journey. At the end of todays journey would be a Pilot perfectly placed for fueling and across the interstate was a TA. Where I could take the truck and get the PM the truck was due done. Ok plan laided down it was time to take off.


I make it to the scale at the 50mm in Kentucky. They have a huge truck parking area behind the scale and pulled in to sleep thru the pre-dawn hours. Set my alarm clock to go off in 2 hrs and crawl back to the bunk. Hour and a quarter later the phone is ringing. With the new blue tooth interface the ringtone is now piped thru the truck stereo, this could have a potential downside. Anyway this time it was my wife (a plus) and I could get up and continue on my way (another plus). I get to the north side of Nashville at the wrong time of day. There was a pretty thick back up at the I24/I65 merge once past the merge a bit it loosen up a bit and then I was headed out of town always a good place to be during the morning rush hour. Another thing I found out today is they have finally completed the work on I40 through Knoxville, TN.


Going to finish today's journey part ways through the I40 bypass around the rock slide. I was able to fuel at the Pilot, but alas I found one of the few TAs without a service department. With only 2 of 3 objectives accomplished today it is time to call it a day. The rest area 1 mile further down the road from the Pilot is home for the night.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.