Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Monday, November 9, 2009

11/09/2009

Interesting day to put it mildly.


Getting to and backing into the customer wasn't nearly as difficult as I was led to believe. It might have been harder but for some reason my backing skills and luck were at a fever pitch. This customer's crane was only able to lift the lighter stocces of thinner glass. Once they got to the thicker glass (1/2 inch) they had to pull off the glass 1 sheet at a time. Talk about time consuming. As they were unloading me I got a preplanned load to pick up steel coils over in Granite city.


Back in early spring was the first and only time I hauled steel coils and there was someone there with a lot of experience who helped out quite a bit. This time I was flying solo and a bit worried I didn't remember all that I should. And this time there would be three coils as opposed to one. Turns out getting around to the different places on the plant were more of a problem than my remembering. 1 1/4 hours later pulling out of the plant fully secured and doubled tarped. Not a bad load at all and I got $20 for tarping as well.


We have a terminal near by and I'm going to grab a shower and call it a day here. Thinking on taking off about 3-4am and making my way over to Swansea, Sc for a Wednesday morning delivery. That will bring my total miles upto 1800 miles. Nothing compared to last week but not to shaby. Perhaps there will be another load in my future before the week closes out. Here's hoping!


Have a good day


Bookerz Out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.