Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Friday, November 6, 2009

11/06/2009

Fell asleep real early last night and woke up fully rested at 12:30 am. Hmmmm... This opened some possibilities.


1. I could roll the dice and drive the rest of the way over to Statesboro, GA and see about getting unloaded earlier. Perhaps getting a better weekend load.


2. I could try to go back to sleep. Toss and turn the rest of the night and take off about 6am getting there about 11 am. Taking my chances on a weaker load for the weekend.


Seeing that tossing and turning would most likely make me feel worse in the long run I decided on option 1. Got there about 6 hrs early. At 4 hrs early I was backing in the bay and at 3 hrs early I was empty. Twenty mins later I had my new work assignment. DH to Laurinburg, NC for a Monday 7am delivery. 1,000 miles to start next week. There are about 3 glass load points within 4-5 hours from there, also this load is on a step deck trlr so it opens a whole world of system freight that I might be able to load. So next week looks fairly good so far. Don't think I'll be getting a 34 hr reset in but my hours are still in pretty good shape.


Ate at the local Golden Corral in Laurinburg tonight and trhen spent about an hour inside Walmart trying to walk it off. Man I shouldn't have eaten so much. Someday I'll learn.... well maybe not, but you gotta have dreams.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.