Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

10/23/2009

It had to happen. The last four or five times I've loaded out of here I had been able to get loaded quite early. Today not so much. The order isn't ready yet. It is still before my appointment time and I'm parked in a rather large gravel field waiting for a loader to come get me. It's very quiet here as the hussle and bussle is over at the loading area. Here is hoping I get loaded early enough to be able to get stateside and find parking. The plan as it stands is to make my way for Kanona, NY and call it a day and proceed on down to Butner, NC tomorrow.


About pm they pulled me over and loaded me. If it hadn't been cold, raining and windy it would have gone nicely. So I've strap it down and hands are stiff and frozen. You have to run over and scale the load before you can get your paperwork so off to the scale I go. Scale and walk inside and the girl/lady behind the counter ask "Have you had a nice day?". So far I reply. She then proceeds to tell me I'm 800 lbs over gross. Wonderful so back to the shipper but instead of paperwork its to gety a bundle removed. Each bundles weights in at a hefty 2500lbs or so. So I tell the loader and he point to were to park yank off 2 straps he pulls one I restrap and walk in to get the paperwork.


Off to the border I go. I let co-pilot for trucks do the math and it says Kanona, NY 8pm. KK np if not the Pilot there the truckstop across the street will have parking. Rain and Buffalo metro area rush hour traffic slow me down a bit. Somehow so far I had missed rush hour in Buffalo, NY to date. It wasn't too long though and on the NY thruway I go.




Still made Kanona by 8 and went in to grab a shower. There was 6 drivers waiting in line. Hmmmm tomorrow morning it is.


There is either something still wrong with the engine or this trlr sucks to hell and back. My fuel mileage has tanked in a large way. Gonna continue to watch it for a couple of days to try and see which it is.


Have a nice day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.