Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10/19/2009

Successfully acomplished nearly nothing outside spending time with my wife and family this weekend.


Took off this morning about 3:30 and made my way over to Conway, SC. Looks like a sleepy town just outside of Mrytle Beach. Missed the turn into the consignee's driveway and spent a lot of time working my way back around town to get to the driveway again. After accomplishing that unloading went fairly quicky. Sent off my empty call and got the obligitory looking for a load message. By the time I had got the truck postioned on their driveway off to the side received a dh move to Laurinburg, NC. It's only 90 miles, but all of them are back roads so 2 hours later I pull into the yard.


On my way over I decided that if I didn't get a load I would put the truck into the shop and have them look for this hissing sound I had been hearing since the work had been done on the head gasket. Turned in the write on the truck at noon about 4 they pull the truck in. I wlked over to the mechcanic and asked if if he had heard what I was talking about when he pulled the truck in. He stated "No" I explained it better to him. He told me to get in and fire it up and try to duplicate it. KK no problem. Apparently when they put it back together the big hose that runs from in front of the raditator back towards the block had so extensive air leaks. Took about 2 hours to get all the leaks eliminated and away I go.


There is some recall work that needs to be done to this tractor. It will entail a couple of days to get into the dealer and all that. At this point they are talking about sticking me into a loaner truck. If so that means my Tuesday may suck pretty bad. We'll see..........


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.