Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

10/21/2009

Started my day early, real early. I wanted to be at the I95/I495 split in Washington at or before 6am. I made it with 20 mins to spare so I was headed out of Washington while the maddness going in was beginning. Caught upto a little back up on the south end of Harrisburg where the construction is on going where US15 and PA581 meet. Fueled up at the Pilot on the North end of Harrisburg. Man the Pilot is laid out weird, it is likely due to the river. Got up to Kanona, NY before noon and called it a day. 225 miles togo before 13:00 tomorrow should be able to that standing on my head even with the border crossing.


It seems today that hurry hurry hurry is the montra of the day. When I was at the fuel pumps some jack*** of a driver decided to see how fast he could pull into the pumps. I was personally impressed with his driving aplumb (dumba**). Now I been bored and have been watching the drivers race around this parking lot. I usually avoid watching such things but like I said I was bored.


The great debate is still raging inside me. To go across the street and get a cooked meal or eat out of the truck. This Pilot only offers Subway and I've eaten within the last two weeks so I'm not hungry enough for that. As the debate resumes....


Have a good day


Bookerz Out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.