Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

10/08/2009

Bad News, Good News, Bad News yada yada yada


Bad news lost the forth coming load Geneva, Ny - Fenton, MI expected so not so bad


Good News could be just a EGR cooler (whatever that is).


I dump 2 gallons of coolant into the truck and off to Buffalo I go. They are expecting me or so I'm told. Pull in find the service manager "Hi I'm with Maverick I was told to come here to get my truck fixed". First it seemed like whatever I needed to get fixed wasn't worth his time and then he tried the we are to busy to even look at the truck. Finally when he quit crying the blues and I got to attempt to describe the problem.


On a side note. Talking to me about a truck problem. Has to be like two peole trying to talk to each other. One only speaks and understand Japanese and the other only speaks and understands french.


Once we got beyond the language barrier I could see the dollar signs popping up in his eyes and things started getting a whole lot easier. Strange how a few greenbacks can do that.


At any rate they were real busy even me the mechicanically challenged could see that. They pulled Betsy over and took a peek under the hood.


Bad News its not the EBR cooler (already covered but whatever that is).


Good News off to the hotel room for the night. Baseball playoffs televised!!!


They are gonna dig deeper (visions of a needle trying to dig out that splinter) and see what it might be.


Hopefully it won't be too serious because my FM (figuratively) cussed me by saying the "loaner truck" phrase. Let us hope it doesn't come to that


Well it's off to the playoffs


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.