Ramblings of a relatively new truck driver

Where am I?

GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

10/05/2009

I stopped driving early yesterday in order to get more sleep so that I might fight this cold off. The extra sleep seems to have help some.


Took off from Royal Blue, TN bright and early this morning among some fog and occasional light drizzle, by the time the sun decided to put in an appearance most off it had burned off and made for a nice driving day. Got into Ottawa about 4pm and grabbed a bite to eat and kick back for a bit reading a book. My appointment wasn't until midnight.


Got a preplan for Etobicoke, ON for WED at 1pm. So once I get unloaded gonna creep over to the drop yard and grab at least enough sleep to make sure the greater Chicagoland traffic is done for the morning and then scoot through there. Only planning to put on about 300 mi tomorrow so still should be done about 3 or 4. Then finish off the other 250 on Wed morning so I don't get there too early. Fairly busy client so getting in early is generally not a good bet.


Running bet for the next load consist of Brantford, On for lumber or Cambridge, On for stone, but at this point the jury is still out. Hoping for lumber myself.


I'll be in Michigan tomorrow and The Tigers/Twins game is bound to be on somewhere so I plan to check it out.


Have a good day


Bookerz out

No comments:

Trucker blogs I read

About Me

My photo
Greenville, SC, United States
I've been married for 21 years. After nearly 25 years in the retail industry I decided to make an abrupt change in direction into the trucking industry.